[Wine]file associations in wine

Rainer Haake marauder at marauder-online.de
Mon Jan 10 12:20:12 CST 2005

hi there

first of all, please excuse my poor english...
I know I can associate a file extension in wine with a linux application like
i did for .sxw in this .reg-file:

@="C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe kdestart.exe \"%1\""

where kdestart.exe is a link to the following script:

i=`winepath -u "$*"`
kfmclient exec "$i"

so now sxw-files open in OpenOffice like I wanted. But now I would like to
have a file association to each filetype unknown to wine, so that all these
files will be openend with the corresponding KDE programs. I tried:

@="C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe kdestart.exe \"%1\""

because i thought that would be the default file association, but it doesn't

Is this possible? It would be a great step for the integration of wine with
KDE (or GNOME, because a similar script could be developed)

thanks for any help