[Wine]correctly uninstalling/reinstalling wine?

Angela Burrell angela at jobsearchnetwork.ca
Tue Jan 11 09:57:24 CST 2005

Hi list,

Every time before I post a problem or question, I try to upgrade my wine to
the latest version (as I was told to do at the beginning).

Well I'm going on to my 5th or 6th new version of wine. As an experienced
Windows user (and a fairly new, but OK Linux user) I am concerned about the
effect on my computer of simply installing wine after wine after wine. I
seem to recall copying files all over the place and I'm sure by now it must
be a mess. Alas my applications Dreamweaver and Fireworks still are not
working.

I have installed 1 Mandrake RPM version, all the rest from source tar.gz
files. I have Mandrake 9.1 (2.4.22).

Can someone please outline for me the CORRECT way of cleanly uninstalling
one version of Wine before installing the next version? I'm pretty good at
the command line but don't know everything yet.

Thank you.

-AB