[Wine]correctly uninstalling/reinstalling wine?

Angela Burrell angela at jobsearchnetwork.ca
Tue Jan 11 10:50:09 CST 2005

My personal strategy, for those who are interested...

I have my hard disk partitioned into two sections (you could also do a
separate folder)
One for linux and all my applications (/)
One for my old Windows files, and programs installed for Wine (like
Dreamweaver) (/windows)

So installing/uninstalling wine, or even Linux itself, has no effect on what
is stored in my separate Windows partition.

This is great because the actual files like Word documents and Dreamweaver
files, as well as folders like /Windows/system really have nothing to do
with the wine program itself, so keeping them separate is what works for me.