[Wine]could not locate source tree

Angela Burrell angela at jobsearchnetwork.ca
Thu Jan 13 08:11:17 CST 2005

Hi Wine users.

I have what I hope is a simple problem. I have just installed wine-20041201,
and it runs OK when I am in the un-tarred directory ~/wine-20041201/. The
Wine installation did not copy any binarys to /usr/local/bin (or any other
bin directory) so that I got an error when ever I tried to run it.

So I made a link to the executable file in the wine-20041201 directory like
this "ln -s ~/wine20041201/tools/winewrapper /usr/local/bin"

Now when I try to run wine from a directory other than its own directory I
get this error:
/usr/local/bin/wine: could not locate Wine source tree.

Also, a related problem is that whenever I do get Wine to run, the command
line displays this warning:
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory
/home/user/wine-20041201', starting in the Windows directory.

Otherwise wine seems to run fine.

Thanks for any advice. Oh, I have Linux Mandrake 9.1 (kernel 2.4.22).