[Wine]Using Printer

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Thu Jan 13 12:28:24 CST 2005

On January 13, 2005 05:48 am, Don Flinn wrote:
> >Am So, Jan 09, 2005 at 11:24:09 -0500 schrieb Don Flinn:
> >> How do I set up my local printer (run from FC3), to be usable by windows
> >> applications under wine?  Under windows I would go Start -> Printers and
> >> Fax -> Add a printer -> ...
> >
> >If you are using CUPS you don't have to do anything. Just start your
> >windows application and print. Your printers are already there. You can
> >not use windows printer drivers with Wine.
> >
> >Regards
> >	Joachim
>
> Thank you for your suggestions.
>
> My printer is listed in /etc/cups/printers.conf and I can print from
> programs running outside wine, so I assume cups is working ok.  I must
> be missing some setup internal to wine.  I am using wine 20041201.  The
> programs I'm trying to run under wine say that no printer is installed
> and when I go to the printer setup in, for example quickbooks, it tells
> me to go to windows and install the printer.  I checked some other
> programs running under wine and I can't print from them also.
>
> Don

I don't know about FC3 but under RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 we have similar
problems. I don't know the solution.  However I do know that with our
application if you hit it hard enough by opening and closing "choose printer"
and "configure printer" screens and trying to print and standing on a chair
and reciting poetry and ..... then suddenly it starts working and then
continues working.