[Wine]Re: Vegas Video 4 installer - debian specific ?

Xavier Bestel xavier.bestel at free.fr
Wed Jan 19 06:16:25 CST 2005

Le mercredi 19 janvier 2005 à 11:52 +0100, Rein Klazes a écrit :

> > It works on a stock Fedora Core 3 install (with "native" wine).
> > The problem seems to occur only on debian.
> > If anyone has an idea why, or how to spot the difference, I'll gladly
> > try.
>
> I guess the Fedora machine is the faster of the two.

Well spotted. I tried successfully on a Mandrake machine which was
faster too.

> The program crashes
> on the calculation of the Performance Counter Frequency. Your program
> expects some minimum value, and Wine ... hmm.
>
> Can you try the attached (rough) patch?

Wonderful !
But how did you find that ? I know nothing to Windows or Wine, but
looking at the backtrace and in CVS I had the impression the problem
occured purely in application code.

Now Vegas installs itself and runs quite well, except the menus can be
used only once (after that they disappear) and the video preview doesn't
work (DrawDibDraw problem ?), which limits its usefulness.

Thanks,

	Xav