[Wine]Re: err:win:CreateWindowExA bad class name "RichEdit 20A"

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Wed Jan 19 11:27:44 CST 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:10:37 -0500, zoe wrote:
> This is totally over my head; my intuition tells me it has something to do
> with my config file, which I'm sure is a disaster.  I have almost zero windows
> background, although I sort of know my way around linux.
>
> Any ideas as to how I can solve this?

Yep, grab any DLLs that start with "riched" from your Windows 98
c:\windows\system directory and then drop them in the virtual C drive,
like so:

cp /mnt/windows/windows/system/riched* ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system

You will need to adjust the first path for your setup.

Then run the dictionary like so:

WINEDLLOVERRIDES=riched20,riched32=n wine dictionary.exe

or whatever it's called.

thanks -mike