[Wine]Re: progress, more problems with 'Collins Master spanish/english Dictionary'

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Thu Jan 20 16:16:24 CST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:45:29 -0500, zoe wrote:
> This seems to have helped a little bit.  The program will now launch past the
> splash screen, but then has problems with elements (fields, pulldowns,
> buttons, etc.) dissapearing within the window.  Sometimes they will reappear
> if I can guess where they were and click in that area.
>
> It's a stretch to call it usable, but at least it launches.  Has anyone
> experience similar problems in other programs?  can this be fixed?

If you are using the latest release you may wish to try an older version,
as the tree is quite unstable right now especially in the window
management area.

Firstly though I'd try desktop mode, put this in your ~/.wine/config file
(create it if it doesn't exist)

WINE REGISTRY Version 2

[x11drv]
"Desktop"="800x600"