[Wine]WineTools RPM

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Sun Jan 23 11:37:59 CST 2005

Am So, Jan 23, 2005 at 10:14:24 +0530 schrieb rada and gus:
> setup which ran quite smoothly.  IE6 failed to install six times until I
> tried letting it run for 20 minutes while I was online.  It took that
> long to start, but it then completed the full download (must be a slow
> server) and installation.

Yes, I heard this some times from users that it takes extremely long
time with IE6.

> I installed some true type fonts and now many
> windows programs run great!  I don't use the MS programs much, but on
> certain occasions I have to use some like MSoffice to see how the
> openoffice files which I save as .doc files will actually look when
> opened by colleagues.  Office 97 is running great!  I had donwloaded

That's what I use Office 2000 for. And there are some issues of
exchanging documents with hopeless colleagues ;-)

> the evaluation version of Crossover Office, but I like WT much better

Crosshover has *many* advantages over WineTools, such as seamless
integration in the desktop with all your other applications and for
some apps even better compatibility. For commercial or migrational
usage I definitely recommend using CrossOver office. They give great
support and do many things for you if you have an app you really need.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"