[Wine]Re: Winetools is terrific

John McKee jmmckee at flinthills.com
Sun Jan 23 13:49:46 CST 2005

Mike Hearn wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:14:02 -0600, John McKee wrote:
> > Unhandled exception: unimplemented function
> > rasapi32.dll.RnaValidateEntryName called in 32-bit code (0x42b63053).
>
> Wine doesn't support the dialup API, sorry. You cannot make an internet
> dialer like CompuServe or AOL work at present using Wine.

During setup, I am asked if I want an express setup, or a custom setup.  I

have always chosen custom.  Then, when asked whether dialup should be used
or an existing network connection should be used, I request existing
network connection.  I never allowed CompuServe to use it's own dialer.

In loading dlls, I never used rasapi32.  I would have had to download
that.

Could something be different in how wine is dealing with this between
versions?  Last version that i had did not have an issue with this dll.
That
version was 20040615.  I am currently at 20041019.

John McKee