[Wine]Re: Winetools feature request-for those with dialup.

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Sun Jan 23 13:04:17 CST 2005

Am Fr, Jan 21, 2005 at 02:32:36 +1300 schrieb Joseph Black:
> Good to see the wine tools.
> I see a few computers which are not connected to the netor have dialup and would like to
> help them get going using wine tools, without having to wait for downloads.
>
> Because they can't download the files for wine tools while i wait, I copy over the dcom &
> fonts into the winetools folders -which works fine.
>
> but if I copy an explorer install cabs - It refuses to install without further downloading.
>
> Could there be another option added: an explorer6 minimal install that doesn't require internet?

There is an easier way: Install everything they might want with one PC
with internet connection (after installing IE6 you will be asked whether
WineTools should save the downloaded files for later: say yes) and burn
the ~/winetools drive and WineTools to a CD. Give this to the others,
copy or better just link it to a ~/.winetools directory, install
WineTools there and use WineTools to install the software. You need no
internet connection there as all files are already in the ~/winetools
directory (also the one for IE6). The IE6 installer will try to connect
the internet but continues without errors if the CAB files are already
there.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"