[Wine]Re: Registry key message

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Sun Jan 23 20:13:14 CST 2005

Owain Sutton wrote:
> I'm trying to run the installer for Finale 2003, and I get the following
> messages:
>   Please use the registry key
> HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software\Fonts\LogPixels to set the screen
> resolution and remove the "Resolution" entry in the config file
>   Wine existed with a successful status
> What does this mean?  (I'm new to Wine, and new-ish to Linux, so please
> don't throw *too* much jargon my way!)

You probably have an old config file with this in it:

;Read the Fonts topic in the Wine User Guide before adding aliases
;See a couple of examples for russian users below
"Resolution" = "96"

you can get rid of this message by going into your ~/.wine/config file and
deleteing it or putting a ; in front of "Resolution" = 96 like so:

;"Resolution" = "96"

The resolution refers to your screen resolution or 96 pixels per inch. Setting
the resolution in the config file is obsolete.

Hope that helps.

Tony Lambregts