[Wine]Virus Question

½Bî¶ §ºµth£Ñ½ southen at pipeline.com
Tue Jan 25 15:54:27 CST 2005

Hi, the Wine program seems great.  I run Eudora in WinXP, and this program
will enable me to run Eudora in Fedora 3 and use the same mailboxes via
Captive-NTFS - and so I will always have my email up-to-date.

I have one big concern: viruses.  Is it possible for me to get infected
with a virus using Wine?  If I got infected, how well could the virus
infect my system?  Meaning, I plan to install Captive-NTFS , so if I have a
virus, could it write to relevent Windows files etc. on my mounted NTFS
partition?  If I get a virus, how easy would it be to clean it - could I
just run like AVG or something and that would take care of it?

(I'm still getting used to Linux!)

Thanks a ton!!