[Wine]strange window behaviour with access 2000

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Sun Jan 30 14:34:24 CST 2005

Am So, Jan 30, 2005 at 07:31:50 +0000 schrieb Rob van Dam:
> I downgraded to 20041201, and installed everything (office dcom

20041201 has some glitches. Try 20041019.

> wininstaller etc.) with winetools. Access program still doesn't
> work...There seems to be a problem handling forms with a calculation on
> it. For example:
>
> In Northwind open form Orders. The first field (Vegie-spread) keeps
> blinking until you click on it, then the calculation is made. I think
> this behaviour crashes my own ms access application.

I don't understand the problem. Yes, it blinks, but it works. So what
is the problem? There are in many little things unimportant behaviours
with Wine that do not change the overall results.

> I made  good progress with the msaccess runtime. With this installed
> everything works perfect!
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q243957/

I will try this. And thanks for the link, I did not know that there is
a runtime version of access.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"