[Wine]Xilinx ISE: can't add file to project

Jason Tang jtang613 at rogers.com
Mon Jan 31 15:59:38 CST 2005

Greetings,

I've been experimenting with various versions of ISE from 5.2, 6.2, 6.3
and have been unable to get any working to a usable state.

Version 5.2 won't allow me the option of adding any sort of schematic,
state machine or HDL (only text and edif constraints files) to a project.

Versions 6.2 and 6.3 seem to allow me to add any type of file
(schematic, sm, vhdl, verilog, etc).  But whenever I attempt to do so,
ISE crashes with the following output:

fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored
fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01b6 ignored
err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 84 bytes in thread 000b eip
7722599e esp 77900fac stack 0x77900000-0x77a00000

I'm using wine-20050111 which I carefully configure with winetools on
Fedora Core 3.

Does anyone know what steps I might take to resolve this?  Or has anyone
actually been successful installing and using any Xilinx ISE version?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Jason