[Wine]graphic glitch around menu/toolbars

Tim Harvey tim_harvey at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 13:21:11 CDT 2005

Greetings,

I've tried wine on and off over the course of a few years and there is one
problem I always run into that I believe is caused by either my configuration
or my window manager.

I'm using a stock Fedora Core 3 (fc3) system and currently
wine-20041201-1fc3winehq with a default config file.  When I run windows
applications there is a transparent border around the menubar and all toolbars
appx 5 pixels thick.  This transparent border will not draw, therefore if you
do something like move the window offscreen then back again, it will be filled
with bad pixels from the background.  This makes windows apps appear very ugly.

I've tried wine under gnome and kde and still have this problem.

I googled it a bit but I really have no idea what terminology to google for.
Is this a known issue and can I resolve it with configuration changes?

Thanks,

Tim