[Wine]Installing Wordview with Winetools

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Thu Jul 7 04:05:14 CDT 2005

Am Mi, Jul 06, 2005 at 07:25:24 -0500 schrieb Benjamin Sher:
> After installing IE6, I thought installing WordView (the Word97
> word view program) would be a snap. But instead Wintools failed
> to install it in several attempts. It started, downloaded the file and
> tried to install it. But at the end it informed me that the installation
> had failed. I checked the .wine directory just to make sure and,
> yes, WordView was not installed. I also tried to run it with "wine
> wordview". It's not installed.
>
> I then tried to install MSOffice 97. Again, it tried but failed.
>
> I am using the latest, recommended version of Winetools with the
> wine build of 20041019, the one specifically recommended by the
> author of Winetools on his site.
>
> If IE6 installed, why should I have a problem with WordView? Is
> there a solution?

To figure that out, I need you to send me the winetools.log from your
installation and the complete recording of the console output of the
*whole* installation with WineTools, starting with creating the fake
Windows drive. So you have to repeat your installation for that (but
WineTools saves the downloaded files, so it will cost you only 10
minutes).

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden
          Never run a touchy system!!!"