[Wine]Question about drives

linuxgirlie linuxgirlie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 14:30:13 CDT 2005

I am setting up wine for use with students in a school.
So far it works as a generic system in /usr/share/windowsapps/.wine
When the student logs in they get a sym-link created in their area that
points to this....all is working fine....

But when they go to save in say Microsoft Word, they get access to the whole
.wine folder by following the sym-links. I know that these are coming from
'dos devices' but is there anyway of removing them, or better still just
hiding them from the users, and if I do, will this cause any problems for
the any software I run???

Another problem I am having is setting up a sym-link for My Documents. I
need the default saving place changed and the only way I could think of
doing it was creating a sym-link instead of the My Documents folder. This
will need to point to $HOME/network

Thanks in advance for any help that can be given...

Jo

--
Karoshi: http://www.karoshi.org.uk
Karoshi at Home: http://www.karoshiathome.org.uk