[Wine]Screen refresh slowness

Peter Birch plbirch at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 7 21:33:15 CDT 2005

I have been using The Semware Editor on Linux using Wine for a little
more than four years.  It is a plain ascii text editor that displays
everything in one font.  It has been flawless under wine, thank you all
very much.  I have always been building my copy of wine from the current
CVS repository.  Recently some change was made that really really slowed
down the screen repainting when a lot of text is displayed - say 60 rows
of 200 columns.  When I scroll the text file I am editing it is very
very slow to refresh the entire display.  I used to see this exact
behavior when I had set the following config items:

"ClientSideWithRender" = "Y"
"ClientSideWithCore" = "Y"

When I set these both to "N" I would get very fast page refreshes.

Now I suppose the config file is no longer used, is the server side font
rendering lost with it or is there some way to get the speed back for
me?  Possible it is some other change, does anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks very much,
Pete