[Wine]Viewing CHM files (Compiled Help Files)

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 13:20:27 CDT 2005

On 7/16/05, Karsten Rasmussen <k.n.r at mail.dk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have installed a windows program that uses chm help files. When the
> program tries to open the help files Wine displays a dialog saying - Wine
> does not support viewing chm files and surgest I install MS Internet
> Explorer or uses an activex component.
>
> I have found a linux program (I uses fedora) called displaychm.
>
> My question is:
> Is it posible to configure wine to launch the linux program I found when the
> installed windows  program tries to open the chm help files.

I have HTML Help and the Help Viewer mostly implemented in my tree
right now and will be sending patches to wine-patches once I clean up
a couple more bits.  This doesn't really answer your question about
using the linux program, but it shouldn't be long before viewing help
files is possible with builtin wine.

--
James Hawkins