[Wine]Running a game in full screen mode?

Rick Knight rick_knight at rlknight.com
Sat Jul 16 13:51:09 CDT 2005

Hiji,

My only reason for using wine is Half-Life. I use CXOffice for all other
Win apps that I need to run. For Half-Life, the only wine version that
works correctly is 20031016. Yes, October 2003. Every couple of months I
try the latest wine, but the results are always the same, a critical
function does not work, usually save game, load game and new game. I had
hoped that the change to registry only, no config, might make things
work, but no, I still have to use 20031016. Perhaps you should try
different "legacy" versions until you find one that works satisfactorily?

Before anyone suggests I try debugging wine versions after 20031016 to
see where things broke, I did try that but could not find any one change
that caused the problem. Apparently a lot of things were changed around
the end of 2003.

Anyway, good luck,
Rick Knight