[Wine]Can't run most apps after updating to Mandriva 2005 LE

José Troncoso troncoso at mundo-r.com
Tue Jul 19 10:00:59 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 15:19, Joe Baker wrote:

> Try booting with the older kernel.  Maybe this is one of those NTPL
> "threading issues" with the kernel?

It is indeed, whatever that is! I installed the kernel I was using
with Mandrake 10.1 (kernel-2.6.8.1.24mdk-1-1mdk) and rebooted with
it. I then installed the old wine package (wine-20050111-mdk) and my
old ~/.wine dir, and everything was as it used to be.

I rebooted again with the Mandriva 2005 LE kernel
(kernel-2.6.11.12mdk-1-1mdk), as the net wasn't working with the
older kernel, and before writing this reply I've just checked that
wine and this kernel don't seem to get on well: the problems are back
again.

Thanks a lot for your answer. I'll try to use the older kernel.

José Troncoso