[Wine]Specific Font with wine

Mickael R m.ruellan at free.fr
Tue Jul 19 10:44:10 CDT 2005

Hi !

I run Wine 20050211 on RedHat 9. I would like run an application which
use 4 specific fonts (.FON under windows).

I read the manual (winehq.org/site/docs/wine-user/config-fonts-main) and
follow the instructions. But it seems not working ...

1. I convert .fon files to .bdf and to .pcf. I moved the .pcf files to
/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc. I'm not sure here to have correct files because
I can't see them in the font manager or in a text editor ! but may be
it's normal ?

2. I restart all my system

3. The manual says :  Edit the ~/.wine/config file to remove aliases for
the fonts you've just installed.

On my system I don't have ~/.wine/config file for users but only one in
/etc/wine/config. But that's not the problem. I can't find any aliases
in my config file !

4. I try to create an alias for my font but I'm not sure about the syntax :
Alias0 = Omnis Monospace, -Omnis-Monospace-
It doesn't change anything...

If anyone could help me...

Thanks a lot.

Mika