[Wine]Specific Font with wine

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Tue Jul 19 13:31:27 CDT 2005

James E. LaBarre schreef:
>>I just copy my fonts into the [fake c
>>drive]/windows/fonts folder, and that's it! :)
>

> For that matter, if you have a dual-boot system, just symlink them.  On my
> system, where I have C: mounted at /c, I just go to
> ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts, then do "ln -s /c/windows/Fonts/*.ttf .",
> and "ln -s /c/windows/Fonts/*.fon ."

Bear in mind that that will only work if you also set

"ShowDirSymlinks=1" in either your config file, or in winecfg-- by
default Wine doesn't follow symlinks, or recognize them (except in
dosdevices), because Windows doesn't.

That said, though, I always set that first thing, and it works fine
(though I've never used it for fonts, but I don't see why it would be
any different for fonts than anything else).

Holly