[Wine]Using ASPI with a pure IDE setup?

Sebastian sebastian_ml at gmx.net
Wed Jul 20 16:28:28 CDT 2005

Hello everybody!

I'm using Wine with EAC (Exact Audio Copy). So I setup my computer
(kernel 2.6.12) with ide-scsi emulation. EAC works this way. But other
native programs started making trouble. The biggest issue is that I
can't write to CD/DVD anymore. I can write using ide-scsi in kernel 2.4
but in 2.6 it doesn't work anymore.

Is there a possibility that aspi calls work with a pure IDE setup?
I tried emulating different version of Windows but with a pure IDE
kernel EAC just exits with an error message about ASPI being not
available.

Or is ASPI -> IDE conversion maybe planned for the future?

Thank you!

Sebastian
--
"What the f*** are we doing out here in the middle of the desert?" - A foreigner, probably Samoan