[Wine]Re: Specific Font with wine

Gregory L. Harris glharris at panix.com
Thu Jul 21 12:08:00 CDT 2005

> Maybe Wine IS picking up the fonts, but your
> application isn't.  Try seeing if your fonts were
> recognized by other applications.  Also, make sure you
> don't have any running Wine process going in the
> background before make a config change (this includes
> adding fonts) because new changes usually won't take
> effect until a new instance of Wine is started.
>
> Hiji

I think the problem is that the bit-mapped fonts from Windows (i.e. *.fon) are not going to be
handled under Wine just by copying the files or checking a configuration setting. It will take
more effort than the vector fonts (TrueType and Postscript) that are sufficient for most
applications.

See http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-user/config-fonts-main

Having not done this myself in a long time, I can't tell you whether the documentation is
still accurate or those procedures will work. HTH.

Greg Harris