[Wine]Problem running Diablo 1

Kai Schwaiger Kai-S at gmx.net
Fri Jul 22 10:53:21 CDT 2005

Hello,

Id very much like to play a little Diablo 1, but i get a
very strange error upon execution:

first lots of lines like:
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual <HEX VALUE>
and then
--------
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_SetCooperativeLevel (0x77c66f18)->(00010022,00000013)
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 16 to 8
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 16 to 8
fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_DDHAL_CreatePalette stub
fixme:ddraw:Main_DirectDraw_WaitForVerticalBlank
(0x77c66f18)->(flags=0x00000001,handle=(nil))
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
Wine binary not found
----------

The last line is what troubles me, because wine is already running. the ones of
you who have played diablo will know that at the start of the game there is a
short movie intro. that intro is played in wine and after the movie finishes
the last 2 lines of the error msg are displayed.

It sounds like an easy to solve issue, so i hope that one of you had the same
problem and was a little smarter than me :)

I already played around with the WINEDEBUG env variable, but i didnt get any
new message.

Thank you very much for your help
Kai

PS: In case it matters: Diablo runs with cedega, but it crashes unreproducibly
during the game and makes it unplayable.