[Wine]Call to unimplemented function SHELL32.dll.723

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Jul 24 16:42:12 CDT 2005

    Molle> ELF 0x40910000-409db000 Deferred shell32<elf> \-PE
    Molle> 0x40930000-409db000 \ shell32
    >>
    Molle> My guess was that it means that a Wine shell32 "stub" of some
    Molle> sort was loaded, and that it has then chosen to load a native
    Molle> (PE) version of shell32?
    >>  The debugger gives the range where builtin shell32 was loaded, or
    >> probably is to be loaded on demand (deferred). Nothins suspect there.

    Molle> Ah, so that's what deferred means.

    Molle> I still find it suspect that it says "PE", when the only thing
    Molle> that Wine should be able to find is it's own native
    Molle> implementation, which I think (am I wrong?) should be ELF format.

Did you use native shell (PE) or builtin (elf)?

    >> Forget about native explorer.

    Molle> Can't.. The application I'm trying to get to work is a plug-in to
    Molle> the Explorer, so it won't work without it :-/.

Do you need extension from windows explorer or from internet explorer? In
most cases, internet explorer extensions are needed.
You can install IE to get these extensions, look at how winetools does it.

Otherwise look at how file explorer extensions are realized in shell.
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de