[Wine]Call to unimplemented function SHELL32.dll.723

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 15:02:52 CDT 2005

Uwe Bonnes wrote:
>     Molle> It's a Windows Explorer extension (TortoiseSVN).
>
> Then Winefile should be made to understand these extensions.

It doesn't register any .xyz filename extensions, if that's what you mean..

It's a plug-in for explorer, which will expand most of Explorer's
right-click menus with ~20 SVN related commands (folded into a
cascaded menu, of course).

It also cooperates with Explorer to put relevant overlay icons on
files and folders when the user is browsing folders (that are SVN
working copys).

It also extends Explorer's 'Properties' sheet with a new tab.

It also adds a number of columns to the columns that can be shown for
a file in Explorer 'details' mode.

Screenshot:
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/images/ExplorerView1.png

No idea how it accomplishes all this.
Probably use a lot of COM and Explorer internals.

All in all, I think it will be darn hard to make it run anywhere
outside the native explorer.exe...

Source code is available, by the way, if anyone wants to peek:
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/source/browse/tortoisesvn/trunk/

While I'm here; has anyone come up with an explanation for this?:

ELF   0x40910000-409db000  Deferred shell32<elf>
\-PE  0x40930000-409db000  \ shell32

I'm using Wine's native implementation of "shell32".
I'm looking to understand what that "PE" means, since it's a native module.
WineDbg's readme and {info,winedbg}.c doesn't give much clue, except
that the top ELF entry is apparently a "container".....