[Wine]Problem with Notes on Debian Wine

Jose Alejandro Guizar neobunch at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 09:25:42 CDT 2005

 --- David Goodenough <david.goodenough at btconnect.com>
escribió:

> For a while now I have had a problem running Notes
> on Debian Wine.  Most of
> the time it runs just fine, but whenever I try to
> open a mail document which
> has an attachment Notes just terminates.
>
> I have the log and the relevant bit seems to say:-
>
> err:syslevel:_CheckNotSysLevel Holding lock
> 0x41311700 level 3
> wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting
> debugger...
> WineDbg starting on pid 0x8
> In 32 bit mode.
> 0x40524a93 _CheckNotSysLevel+0x43 in kernel32: jmp
>    0x40524a76
> _CheckNotSysLevel+0x26 in kernel32
>
> I could not find this problem through google,
> although there were a few
> references to _CheckNotSysLevel but slightly later
> in the code, so I was
> unsure whether this is the same problem.  They seem
> to be in libntdll
> rather than in kernel32 however so I am a bit
> confused as to where there
> are two _CheckNotSysLevel functions.
>
> David

Hey there. What version of wine and notes are you
using? I, too, need to use Notes (6.5.1) and have a
debian box. I found that the only wine version that
allows Notes to work fully is 20041019. On other
versions I had that same problem (no attachment view
or save or create an attachment) and on some versions
you cannot use views or see the contents of some of
your created folders. For debian you can get earlier
versions of packages from http://snapshot.debian.net.

If Notes is the most important thing you use wine for,
then I really recommend you use that version.And use
winetools for configuration.

Cheers