[Wine]New User

Shadi Khasawneh Shadi.Khasawneh at eitny.com
Wed Jun 8 11:51:57 CDT 2005

Hello Terry,

The i686 is an optimized for Pentium processors, but the i386 should work
fine (maybe a little slower though!). If you want to remove the old rpm
(for future reference), you only need to run "rpm -e wine".

Regarding your "xp or win2000 machine" problem:
=> Try changing your ~/.wine/config file (or /etc/wine/config) and set the
version to winxp.

-- Shadi

                      Terry Grier
                      <terrygrier at gmail        To:       wine-users at winehq.org
                      .com>                    cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [Wine]New User
                      wine-users-admin@
                      winehq.org

                      06/08/2005 12:29
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      Terry Grier

Hello.

I am a new user to wine and fairly new to FC3.

I really want to be able to run iTunes under FC3 and sync my ipod.
I have so much music under iTunes and I prefer the program.

Anyway.. I am having trouble installing itunes.
I get the error. "must be a xp or win2000 machine"

I am concerned that I may have installed the incorrect version.
I installed: wine-20050524-1fc3winehq-1.i386.rpm

and I think I should have grabbed the i686 version.

I am not sure how to uninstall the rpm.
If I try"
[root at localhost ~]# rpm -e wine-20050524-1fc3winehq-1.i386.rpm
error: package wine-20050524-1fc3winehq-1.i386.rpm is not installed

Suggestions?  Please Advise.

Here is the info when I tried to install Itunes.

[tgrier at localhost ~]$ wine /home/tgrier/dnloads/iTunesSetup.exe

fixme:msi:MsiGetProductInfoW L"{0552A36D-0D7E-4FF5-8FDB-6629ABA7C779}"
L"PackageCode" 0x77c7c388 0x778edc2c
fixme:msi:MsiInstallProductW
L"C:\\windows\\temp\\_is1453\\ISScript8.Msi" L"REBOOT=ReallySuppress
ADDLOCAL=All"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action
L"SelfUnregModules"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action
L"RemoveFiles"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action
L"MoveFiles"
err:msi:ACTION_DuplicateFiles Failed to copy file L"c:\\Program
Files\\Common Files\\InstallShield\\Driver\\8\\Intel 32\\IDriver.exe"
-> L"c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\InstallShield\\Driver\\8\\Intel
32\\", last error 80
fixme:msi:ACTION_DuplicateFiles We should track these duplicate files as
well
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action
L"RemoveRegistryValues"
fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction UNHANDLED Standard Action
L"RemoveFolders"fixme:sync:SetNamedPipeHandleState 0x70 0x7f781a58
(nil) (nil)
fixme:sync:SetNamedPipeHandleState 0x70 0x7f67ea58 (nil) (nil)
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:ole:RegisterTypeLib Registering non-oleautomation interface!
fixme:sync:SetNamedPipeHandleState 0x74 0x7f67ea58 (nil) (nil)
fixme:sync:SetNamedPipeHandleState 0x84 0x7f781a58 (nil) (nil)
fixme:sync:SetNamedPipeHandleState 0x84 0x7f568a58 (nil) (nil)
fixme:sync:SetNamedPipeHandleState 0xa0 0x7f5eda58 (nil) (nil)
fixme:sync:SetNamedPipeHandleState 0xa0 0x7f5eda58 (nil) (nil)
fixme:sync:SetNamedPipeHandleState 0xf0 0x7f5eda58 (nil) (nil)
fixme:sync:SetNamedPipeHandleState 0xf8 0x7f5eda58 (nil) (nil)
fixme:sync:SetNamedPipeHandleState 0xa0 0x7f5eda58 (nil) (nil)
fixme:sync:SetNamedPipeHandleState 0x8c 0x7f781a58 (nil) (nil)
fixme:sync:SetNamedPipeHandleState 0xa0 0x7f9f9a58 (nil) (nil)
err:ole:ipid_to_stub_manager Couldn't find apartment corresponding to
TID 0xfffferr:rpc:I_RpcReceive we got fault packet with status 6be