Linux apps from inside Wine (was:Re: [Wine]Problems with Lotus Notes R5.0.12 under Wine 20050524)

penna at bb.com.br penna at bb.com.br
Thu Jun 9 13:09:24 CDT 2005

Hi Andy,

> Hi!
>
> I did as you said and at least, my acroread starts, but it seems, that
the temporary file could not be created.

I had the same problem some time ago  8-)

> I looked into my logfile and it showed me the right path and acroread is
fired up.

You should put in the "acroread.exe" script a line like this:

env >> $LOG     (or, if you prefer:  set >> $LOG)

This allows you to see the content of environment variables.
I don't know, but the acroread take one of the temporary environment
variables: TEMP or TMP in order to write a temporary file before it reads
the real file.
Take a look at those variables (even take a look at the TMPDIR). If you've
noticed, the "acroread.exe" script re-set the TMP and TEMP variables with
the content of TMPDIR. As I said I'm using wine 20040813 and maybe the
newest version has changed something.

> But I got a message within my acroread, which says something like a
temporary file could not be opened.

I think if you investigat those variables you can solve the problem  ;-)

> Therefore I decided to comment the deletion of the temporary file in
your script out.

OK. The deletion is for avoid filling the temporary directory ....  ;-)

HTH.

BTW, how can I get rid of the HTML part of the message my notes client is
sending to the list?
I saw I'm sending text *and* HMTL format ... I dislike that.
Ulisses de Sousa Penna
Analista Consultor - Banco do Brasil
Fone: +55-61-310-6320   Fax: +55-61-310-6435