[Wine]Trillian On Wine?

Stefan Munz stefan.munz at itomig.de
Wed Jun 15 03:45:53 CDT 2005

Am Dienstag, 14. Juni 2005 23:37 schrieb David P. Donahue:
> Has anyone been able to successfully run Trillian Pro 3.0 on Wine?  I
> just tried today (admittedly, I'm VERY new to Wine) and it started to
> come up fine, but the Contact List window (which normally does a kind of
> fade into view thing) just kept moving down the screen back and forth
> and never rendering correctly.  And the execution of the actual account
> sign-ons never happened, according to my other Gaim window.

I tested trillian 3.1 (the freeware) some days ago and got similar problems.
Using several Wine versions and dll configurations didn't really help. So I
guess you won't get it working.

> Is there a known reason why it's not working?  Is there something else I
> need to do other than just '/path/to/wine /path/to/trillian.exe'?  Any
> help on this would be much appreciated, thanks.

If you still want to give it a try you can:

- test whether the use of native dlls solves your problems (look at:
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-user/config-dll)
- use various wine versions
- install it with Wine or Windows, whatever you didn't already ;-)

cu,

Stefan