[Wine]The Sims won't run with debugger

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 13:24:11 CDT 2005

Holly Bostick wrote:

>This is why a no-cd crack usually solves the problem; they are designed
>to disable the copy protection entirely, which in this case works in our
>favor, as annoying as it is to have to use a crack on a store-bought
>retail game.

The most recent problem I heard of is that some games will not run if
you have CD or DVD burning capability.  Also the advice from a lot of
gamers apparently is to run the no CD crack anyway on games you bought,
as the protection slows the game down, and *this* is the reason for high
spec machines being needed.

Kind regards,

Julian