[Wine]dcom98.exe fails to install.

David Harel hareldvd at ergolight-sw.com
Sun Jun 19 06:53:58 CDT 2005

I used the tool wine-config-sidenet from
http://sidenet.ddo.jp/winetips/config.html which works great.

I installed wine 20041201 as recommended and started wine-config-sidenet
setup program and IE6 seemed to run great however, some URLs didn't work
for example: www.arkia.co.il.
Looking at the FAQ I noticed I should install dcom98.exe. When
installing it I got windows popup stating:
"Error registering the OCX c:\windows\system\rpcrt4.dll"

 From this point IE6 stopped working entirely.

I tried settings such as adding a dll override in config:
"rpcrt4.dll" = "builtin" and made sure I have rpcrt4.dll.so in
/usr/local/lib/wine and did ldconfig.
At this point I didn't have any error message when installing dcom98.exe
but IE6 still didn't work.

OK I started all over again. After things worked again I install wine
20050524. still www.arkia.co.il does not work. Again I tried dcom98.exe
This time I got:
"ThunkConnect32 failure !!"
and then: