[Wine]dcom98.exe fails to install.

David Harel hareldvd at ergolight-sw.com
Mon Jun 20 09:37:44 CDT 2005

Joachim Hello, How are you?

If you remember, I tried to use winetools to install IE but was not
successful on my Gentoo machine (was great with RedHat). It was
dcom98.exe installation that failed (tried on many wine versions). To my
best understanding of winetoos solution, installing dcom98.exe is a
major operation hence I could not do anything until it was installed.
(recently I noticed I might be wrong here). Eventually I installed IE
using wine-config-sidenet from
http://sidenet.ddo.jp/winetips/config.html (sorry about that).
Anyways, The site mentioned below www.arkia.co.il is for flight
reservations. They have an English page:
http://www.arkia.co.il/click/cl_4000.main
Firefox seems to open it nicely but you can not do reservations (all
selection lists are empty) I guess because it uses activeX controls.
After installing IE with wine-config-sidenet I could use IE but several
Israeli sites among which www.arkia.co.il (I know they do horrible job
with their sites) were not accessible by wine IE at all. After reading
some documents I got the impression dcom98 can help, hence the discussion.
I have no idea how to trace and resolve the problems aroused when trying
to install dcom98.exe.

--
Thanks.

David Harel,