[Wine]Printing in Wine via "ttydrv"/how to disable print state window...

Juergen Hammelmann j.hammelmann at gtc.net
Wed Mar 2 05:45:31 CST 2005

Hi All,

we are developing a windows/wine app for automation of MS Word (serial
printing in background to PS files with the WINEPS driver on SuSE 9.2
platform, wine-20050211).

We want to run this application and Word in background as server, no
graphical output should be occur in this environment:

1. Using "ttydrv" device I found out that all graphical output is disabled
   and wine can run without a X11 Server / VNC Server, this is prefered:
   but here graphical output of printing is disabled, too! The PS files
   created are blank! Is there any way to configure functioning printing
   with "ttydrv" device?

2. Using "x11drv" device I use tightvnc and here printing is functioning
   well, Word is running in background and most windows are not shown, but
   at printing each page a state window is popping up with a message that
   "the document ... is printed to file ..." or so.
   Is there any way to disable this "print state window"? A registry key?

   The automation use the COM interface and is using the MailMerge object,
   running in preview mode, selecting each data set next to next and print
   it each. Background printing is active.

Many thanks for any help in advance...

Best Regards,

Jürgen Hammelmann