[Wine]Wine suddenly stopped working on Suse 9.2

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Thu Mar 3 04:45:29 CST 2005

HI!

Joachim von Thadden wrote:
> Am Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 10:51:55AM +0100 schrieb Thomas Börkel:
>
>>I don't know, what I possibly changed on my system, but Wine suddenly
>>does not work anymore on my Suse 9.2. I have tried several versions from
>>the end of 2004 until now (all RPMs for Suse 9.2) and I get the same
>>result with each of them.
>

> Do the following on a console for the user using Wine:

[...]

This results in this:

$ wine /work2/notepad.exe
Warning: the specified Windows directory L"c:\\windows" is not accessible.
Warning: the specified System directory L"c:\\windows\\system" is not
accessible.
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory
'/home/thomas',starting in the Windows directory.
wine: cannot find '/work2/notepad.exe'

When I copy your config into my old .wine, then I get this:

$ wine /work2/notepad.exe
Wine has detected that you probably have a buggy version
of libXrender.so .  Because of this client side font rendering
will be disabled.  Please upgrade this library.
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 000d), starting debugger...
Usage: winedbg [--auto] [--gdb] cmdline
err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Unhandled exception code c000013a flags 0
addr 0xffffe40e

Any idea?

Thanks!

Thomas