[Wine]CUPS printing problem with Wine on FC3

Vik Tara vik at taraandco.com
Thu Mar 3 07:18:43 CST 2005

I'm having trouble getting any application to print from Wine to a CUPS
networked printer.

I'm using Fedora Core 3.

Firstly, the printer works fine under Linux.

What I have tried so far is:
Install the latest wine rpm (wine-20050211-1fc3winehq.i686.rpm)
Install from source with cups-devel package installed as per the posts I
found here:
http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-users/2005/01/0235.html

Basically the print dialog box comes up and showes the name of the
printer as "xerox". At the console I get the following error;

err:psdrv:PSDRV_FindPrinterInfo Error 2 getting PPD file name for
printer 'xerox'
err:commdlg:PRINTDLG_ChangePrinterA DocumentProperties fails on "xerox"

Trying to print or bring up the printer properties box gives a similar
error.

Vik Tara