[Wine]Debian SID versions messed ujp

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Mar 3 09:25:05 CST 2005

On Thursday 03 March 2005 16:50, edoardo comar wrote:
> I removed all the wine*.deb from debina repositories and
> use the wine*.deb from wineHQ and winetools obtained as a *tgz
>
> winetools is better than tkwinecfg

I was unable to find .debs on winehq. Also, once things are installed from
there, .debs or compiles, one must pin the packages to protect it from the
debian repositories upgrades.

Tkwinecfg is just an under-achieving front end for simple configuration.
Winetools has a lot more and I saw direct access to configuration but should
try it again. I am running off a real Bill Gates Win98 installation, not a
fake one. Too much around to reinstall everything which is an argument
against Win4Lin as well!