[Wine]Debian SID versions messed ujp

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Mar 3 12:40:42 CST 2005

On Thursday 03 March 2005 19:22, Joachim von Thadden wrote:
> Am Do, Mהr 03, 2005 at 05:25:05 +0200 schrieb David Baron:
> > Winetools has a lot more and I saw direct access to configuration but
> > should try it again. I am running off a real Bill Gates Win98
> > installation, not a fake one. Too much around to reinstall everything
> > which is an argument against Win4Lin as well!
>
> You can try this but it is likely to be unstable. Side effects with
> these many dlls and registry keys of windows are unavoidable. By the
> way: If you want to keep all your windows stuff and don't want to
> migrate to Linux you should stay with Windows.

Who'd want to do that?

Actually I use wine with a few windows games. There are a few applets that are
also useful also with the linux.

The only thing I really need windows for is music production because I use
hardware with no alsa support and software with no linux equivalent as of
yet. I am experimenting with various windows programs that might just work
with wine for music and such. For example, tracktion almost works in wine.
harbal, a mastering tool works almost perfectly in wine and will, I have been
told, have a native linux version in the near future.

Everything else, forget windows.