[Wine]Can't get things running

wine wine at dunc-it.com
Thu Mar 3 15:52:53 CST 2005

I'm new to wine, and I don't seem to be able to get any of my apps
running.  I configured Wine on Fedora Core 3 with Winetools.  Wine is
working, I can run the builtin Win apps, and my Win installers all run
but post install I'm not making much progress.  My first app (Ckpp.exe),
which appeared to install fine pops up a dialog box saying:

    DDE requires ddeml.dll

I did a locate ddeml.dll, and got:  /usr/lib/wine/ddeml.dll.so .  I'm
assuming that ddeml.dll.so is trying to emulate the functionality of
ddeml.dll, but is somehow not handling my apps requests properly - is
that right?

My other app (KOPS.exe), which also appeared to install fine, gets the
following errors:

    fixme:actctx:CreateActCtxW stub!
    err:heap:HEAP_GetPtr Invalid heap (nil)!
    err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 36 bytes in thread 0009 eip
0c031ff1 esp 777c0fdc stack 0x777c000-0x778c000

I have no idea what that means...  But, if anyone does - is there anyway
to get either of these apps running in Wine?  Thanks in advance,

Dunc