[Wine]Dreamweaver MX 2004 (yes... again...) (take 2 :)

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Sun Mar 6 17:12:38 CST 2005

Hi :)

I've recently rediscovered Wine, and using the excellent Wine-Tools have
prepared a useful .wine dir structure with working
IE6/OE/Photoshop/Illustrator, etc.

However, I cannot get MX2004 [1] installed. I'm running Wine 20050211.

If I run the setup in Windows='win98' mode, it launches perfectly and
politely tells me that Win98 is not a supported operating system.

So, I change to Windows='winxp' and get this ugly error:

gdh at plip:/tmp/Disk1$ wine Setup.exe
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 000d), starting debugger...
err:dbghelp:pe_load_dbg_file -Unable to peruse .DBG file ole32.dbg ("E:\\Disk1")

Does anyone have ideas how I could solve this problem?

Cheers,
Gavin.
(and sorry for the half-post - hit ctrl-enter by accident)

[1]
http://safariexamples.informit.com/0735713782/Software/DreamweaverMX2004Demo/Windows/