[Wine]Wine prints Postscript code

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Mon Mar 7 08:06:35 CST 2005

Am Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 09:22:39PM +0100 schrieb Bernhard Walle:
> using wine with CUPS, I have following print problem: The printer prints
> the plain postscript code! I don't have a Postscript printer, but on
> Linux Ghostscript renders the Postscript without problems.
>
> I think the Postscript file wine produes is wrong and doesn't get
> detected by the print filter as Postscript and so it is printed as ASCII.
>
> Can anybody help?

I have this problem with Adobe Acrobat as this software likes to send
some binary code as start of a postscript file with the result that
Cups/gs detects a binary file rather than postscript code. You can
investigate this by printing to a file and looking at the start of it.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"