[Wine]Re: Wine prints Postscript code

Bernhard Walle bernhard.walle at gmx.de
Mon Mar 7 12:21:39 CST 2005

* Joachim von Thadden [07.03.2005 15:06]:
> Am Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 09:22:39PM +0100 schrieb Bernhard Walle:
>
>>using wine with CUPS, I have following print problem: The printer prints
>>the plain postscript code! I don't have a Postscript printer, but on
>>Linux Ghostscript renders the Postscript without problems.
>>
>>I think the Postscript file wine produes is wrong and doesn't get
>>detected by the print filter as Postscript and so it is printed as ASCII.
>>
>>Can anybody help?
>
> I have this problem with Adobe Acrobat as this software likes to send
> some binary code as start of a postscript file with the result that
> Cups/gs detects a binary file rather than postscript code. You can
> investigate this by printing to a file and looking at the start of it.

Yes, it's Acorbat Reader 5.1. But I don't see any binary stuff, the
document is starting with

  %%BeginDocument: Wine passthrough
  %%BeginResource: file Pscript_CFF PSVER^M

However, file recognizes it as ASCII text, and that might be the reason
why CUPS doesn't recognize it as Postscript.

Printing with "notepad" works.

Regards,
Bernhard