[Wine]Re: Running DVD Profiler fails

Tony Lambregts tony.lambregts at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:39:39 CST 2005

Dirk Vornheder wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I'm trying to get a program called DVD Profiler from InterVocative Software
>
> working in wine but it fails:
>
> #!/bin/bash
>
> . findwine
> cd "$WINEDIR/c/Program Files/InterVocative Software/DVD Profiler"
> #$WINE "c:\\program files\\InterVocative Software\\DVD Profiler\\dvdpro.exe"
> ${PARAM:+"$PARAM"} &>/dev/null &
> $WINE "c:\\program files\\InterVocative Software\\DVD Profiler\\dvdpro.exe"
> ${PARAM:+"$PARAM"} &
> wait $!
>
> detecting Wine version... done.
> Drive C: is /root/.wine/drive_c
> Wine 20050211
> wine is executed as wine
> Parameters are
> fixme:vxd:VXD_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD L"sice.vxd". Try setting Windows
> version to 'nt40' or 'win31'.
> fixme:vxd:VXD_Open Unknown/unsupported VxD L"ntice.vxd". Try setting Windows
> version to 'nt40' or 'win31'.
> fixme:actctx:CreateActCtxW stub!
>
> I test it with wine 20050211 and wine cvs (download a few ago) but both fails.

This is copy protection. If you see attempts to load SICE.VXD or NTICE.VXD then
you're seeing a check for the popular SoftIce debugger. You might be able to get
arround this by setting the windows version to some varient of NT. Alter your
~/.wine/config to look somthing like this:

--- cut here

WINE REGISTRY Version 2
;; All keys relative to \\Machine\\Software\\Wine\\Wine\\Config

[Version]
; Windows version to imitate (win95,win98,winme,nt351,nt40,win2k,winxp,win2k3,win20,win30,win31)
"Windows" = "win2k"
; DOS version to imitate
;"DOS" = "6.22"

--- cut here