[Wine]Re: WINE and localhost IP

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Tue Mar 8 00:52:31 CST 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 22:37:36 +0100 (MET), in
gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user you wrote:

> # cat /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1               localhost
> 192.168.0.2             khazad.tele2.fr khazad
> 192.168.0.3             falahmizar.tele2.fr falahmizar falahmizar
>
> This give no solution.
>
> Concerning the DNS option, it does  not seem to me that I can configure my
> cheap router to host a DNS service.  It offers a DDNS service, but it asks
> for a hostname and I think this means some other server is actually the DDNS
> host.  Do you mean I should configure one of the Linux PC's as a DNS?

Yes, assuming that one is the DHCP server. It is not that easy but it
can be done. If you are using a cheap router as DHCP server, that cannot
be done.

> > I expect wine is doing the equivalent of "host khazad" command. You can
> > try to debug this by starting wine like: "WINEDEBUG=+winsock wine ..."
>
> This gives:
>
> [fermier at khazad fermier]$ WINEDEBUG=+winsock wine
> "d:\Programme\nettune\NCentral.exe"
> trace:winsock:DllMain 0x406f0000 0x1 0x1
> trace:winsock:WSAStartup verReq=101
> trace:winsock:WSAStartup succeeded
> trace:winsock:WS_gethostname name 0x1000edbc, len 63
> trace:winsock:WS_gethostname <- 'khazad.tele2.fr'
> warn:winsock:wsaHerrno h_errno 3.
> trace:winsock:WS_gethostbyname "" ret (nil)
> trace:winsock:DllMain 0x406f0000 0x0 0x1
> [fermier at khazad fermier]$
>
> It seems that WS_gethostbyname "" ret (nil); could be the problem,

You can bet on that.

> but I
> realy haven't a foggy clue as to how I can fix that.

I would not know from here. Since this is not a wine problem, this
probably not the right place to look.

Rein.

--
Rein Klazes