[Wine]Resolution at last! was: Question about vidmode switching (WoW related)

Jason Stelzer cynic at elitistbastard.com
Tue Mar 8 10:04:44 CST 2005

On Feb 28, 2005, at 1:32 PM, Mike Hearn wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 06:12:16 -0700, Jason Stelzer wrote:
>> So is this a problem of me not having the correct X11 extension
>> loaded? Or
>> is this simply a minor issue in the cvs version of wine? I'm not
>> terribly
>> bothered by it, I was just wondering if anyone else ran into this and
>> knew
>> a fix.
>
> We support XrandR as well, and have done for ages. Maybe you need to
> upgrade/fiddle with your X server? Make sure "UseRandR" in your wine
> config file is not off also.

To follow up my own question, this wound up being a case where wine did
indeed work correctly with XrandR without any configuration parameters
or recompile neeeded, however evidently gnome is non compliant. I'd
tried with both metacity and sawfish and I had the same problem. I
recently gave it a shot in E17. It worked fine. Wonderfully in fact.
Changing resolutions didn't cause X to crash on game restarts, game
played well. I'll take my minor problems to the appropriate gnome list
and see what they have to say.

Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability
to accept what I can't and the incapacity to tell the difference.
-- Calvin