[Wine]Re: WINE and localhost IP

David Botha fermier at gmx.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 01:27:18 CST 2005

Thanks all for the proposals.  Actually, I think Rein is correct in that
this discussion is going beyond the topic of this forum.  Just for
information, my router is a cheap hardware router, not a PC.  I do not think
I can configure it as a DNS.  I have not attempted to configure a Linux box
as a DNS, but for this to work I shall at least need to buy one more network
card for the one old box I have and then replace my router with a switch.
So the whole effort will not be without financial expenditure.  I cannot
imagine that someone else has not encoutered this problem before and has not
already found the solution.  I shall keep looking...

Thanks again for the proposals and thoughts.

l8r
fermier

> Le mardi 08 mars 2005 à 07:52 +0100, Rein Klazes a écrit :
> > On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 22:37:36 +0100 (MET), in
> > gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user you wrote:
> >
> > > # cat /etc/hosts
> > > 127.0.0.1               localhost
> > > 192.168.0.2             khazad.tele2.fr khazad
> > > 192.168.0.3             falahmizar.tele2.fr falahmizar falahmizar
> > >
> > > This give no solution.
> > >
> > > Concerning the DNS option, it does  not seem to me that I can
> configure my
> > > cheap router to host a DNS service.  It offers a DDNS service, but it
> asks
> > > for a hostname and I think this means some other server is actually
> the DDNS
> > > host.  Do you mean I should configure one of the Linux PC's as a DNS?
> >
> > Yes, assuming that one is the DHCP server. It is not that easy but it
> > can be done. If you are using a cheap router as DHCP server, that cannot
> > be done.
>
> Using dnsmasq on a linux server, it's very easy to have DNS and DHCP
> working together and works well for home/SOHO LANs.
>
> 	Xav

DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl