[Wine]Re: WINE and localhost IP

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Thu Mar 10 02:45:30 CST 2005

Am Do, Mär 10, 2005 at 08:27:18 +0100 schrieb David Botha:
> I can configure it as a DNS.  I have not attempted to configure a Linux box
> as a DNS, but for this to work I shall at least need to buy one more network
> card for the one old box I have and then replace my router with a switch.
> So the whole effort will not be without financial expenditure.  I cannot
> imagine that someone else has not encoutered this problem before and has not
> already found the solution.  I shall keep looking...

Why should you use a second box for the DNS? You already have a linux
box, don't you? Just use the DNS of your distribution, configure it
correcly for your purposes and set your resov.conf to point to
127.0.0.1. That's all you need. No money.

Regards
	Joachim von Thadden
          Never run a touchy system!!!"